Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I got 99 problems and making excuses is one.....

I haven't been super active lately in life or in blogging or social media.  It's summer time and we typically are outside doing things being active.  It seems that the saying that I see on the inspirational photos all over Facebook are true:  you can't out exercise a bad diet.

I have made every excuse to myself in the book.  I don't eat THAT bad.  It's only 1 cupcake.  It's only 1 more cupcake.  I exercised today.  I look good the way I am.  I'll go for a walk later.  These sour patch kids aren't THAT bad for me (I've been eating the SHIT out of these things the last few weeks). My burrito bowl is BASICALLY a salad. The kids are here for the summer and it's hard to make 2 meals because they don't want to eat tofu....  I've gained 5 lbs.  The scale the other day said 175. ONE SEVEN FIVE.  That's almost a 15 lb weight gain from my lowest.  Granted some of it was probably from the mass amount of salt that I've been consuming and hormonal woman issues... but I'm not wanting to continue making excuses. (I am back down near 165 at this point)

All of the above mentioned statements are excuses for why I continue to not do what I need to do.  1 walk around the block won't counteract the entire bag of Sour Patch kids I ate and the "almost salad" from Chipotle wasn't almost a salad but a bowl... with a bunch of rice and little sour cream and cheese....but most definitely not a salad.  The one workout that I've managed to squeeze in once or twice a week will not cut it.

It's time to STOP making excuses and start making progress.  No one cares about my excuses and the only one who has to deal with it is me.  I am unfortunately a slave to the scale and every pound that creeps back on is a detriment to my mental health. It's a vicious cycle and I need to get out of it.

What excuses have you made to yourself?  Are you still making them? WHY should you stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment