Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Stop cheating yourself

I use an app to track my food intake and exercise (along with my up band).  I haven't been on recently really to look at it but needed some motivation so went looking through the forums for before and after photos to motivate myself.  It helped a little.....

I have quite a few "friends" (people I've never met or spoke with but watch what they log to make myself feel better or worse about what I am or am not doing)  Is that considered stalking?  ANYHOO.... I've noticed lately that some people log the most ridiculous shit as "activities".  I'm going to list them and my opinions of them below.

Sorting mail. Unless you ARE a mail sorter and you do it ALL DAY long... sorting mail for 5 minutes is not log worthy.

Singing while sitting.  No folks I'm NOT making this up.  Someone logged it for 15 minutes and counted the calorie burn.

Clearing the table.  I've not seen the DVD advertised for this..... Sounds like a blast

Unloading the car.  I have nothing to say about this one.

Now.... if you are counting these things as exercise and you aren't losing weight.... you might want to rethink your plan of attack.

Before anyone hates on me let me say that I know that moving is moving. Whether it is a little or a lot.  The things above are not an exercise and should not be counted as such.  I think the total calorie burn for these things was around 150 calories and I can tell you that you are probably NOT burning that many calories while completing 30 minutes combined of those activities unless you are unloading bricks or dead bodies from you car in which case we have bigger issues.

Don't cheat yourself out of being healthy because you want to see those numbers.  Those are things that you do in your normal every day life.  STOP CHEATING YOURSELF.  The only one who loses (not weight, life) is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment