Monday, February 24, 2014

I don't know what to eat. Help!


I've had several people ask me what I put on a menu for a week.  I’m listing below what my family will be eating this week. I’ve also included the links to the recipes and tips that you might need to know.

In our house typically Monday is meatless.  This week since I made the avocado chicken salad it needs to be eaten so that it won’t be wasted so  I’ve altered it for this week. 

Eggs are a huge staple in our house so you’ll notice that I eat the mostly the same things for breakfast each day.  Keep in mind that this is only what I DO.  I’m not saying this will work for you or anyone else nor did I learn it from a dietician. It’s just what I eat.

I use the internet to its full power.  I’m not a super creative person when it comes to creating meals and I’m not a trained chef.  I can, however, cook.   I use these sites to plan my meals or to gain inspiration from them.  I have linked them to give credit to the original creator of the recipes.

Monday
B: Private section (Kroger) Amber Honey Yogurt
L  Chicken avocado salad sandwich ( on Sara Lee 45 calorie multi grain bread)
D:  Broccoli alfredo w/ salad and garlic bread

Tuesday:
B: Cake batter protein smoothie.  These will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!  YUM
L:  Taco salad – I used leftover 96% Laura’s Lean ground beef from last week’s tacos. Just make sure you aren’t loading it down with lots of cheese and sour cream.  PORTION PORTION PORTION
D: Grilled chicken with mushroom and gruyere cheese quesadillas and an undetermined side
 

Wednesday:
B: 3 egg whites, 1 tsp bacon bits, 1 T of shredded parmesan cheese w/ 1 slice of Sara Lee toast w/ sugar free strawberry preserves
L:  Yogurt w/ fruit
D: Slow cooker venison roast French dip sandwiches  w/ roasted veggies – The recipe does not use venison but we have that on hand and it’s much leaner.  You can use whatever you choose
 

Thursday
B:  Cheesecake protein smoothie – same as Cake batter recipe above but substitute sugar free cheesecake pudding mix instead of vanilla.
L:  Chicken (I grilled extra on Tuesday so I could eat it though the week) wrap. Make sure you are getting whole grain or wheat wraps.  Flour is not your friend.
D: Slow cooker picadillo with tostones and rice

 
Friday:
B: 3 egg whites, 1 tsp bacon bits, 1 T of shredded parmesan cheese w/ 1 slice of Sara Lee toast w/ sugar free strawberry preserves
L: Romaine lettuce salad with veggies and grilled chicken
D: Homemade pizza

 
Saturday and Sundays are typically a crap shoot.  We either end up eating out or eating leftovers or whatever I can scrounge together from what is in the fridge and pantry. 

 

Hope this helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment